Chula Vista police officers successfully avoid providing personall records to alleged juvenile offender who, in support of a motion to suppress based on an unlawful detention and pat-down search and arrest. The minor sought discovery of records pertaining to complaints that his arresting officers had made false statements in their reports or committed other acts of dishonesty. The court found that the minor failed to show good cause for discovery where officers had detained him and placed him into temporary custody for suspected violation of city’s curfew ordinance based on his appearing to be underage and on the streets after midnight.
- California COVID-19 business restrictions to end June 15
- San Diego businesses sue to end COVID-19 restrictions
- California delays business tax break over COVID-19 relief
- Will California expand paid sick leave requirements because of COVID-19?
- What does it mean for an insurance company to negotiate in bad faith?